January 20, 2018, 06:41:54 PM

Author Topic: Trace your lineage!  (Read 24876 times)

Offline WM Fochs

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Clan Widowmaker
Re: Trace your lineage!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
Hail All!
     Ive been around the block more then a few times...lol... I tagged in at the end of MW3 (after being pulled away from MW2 and all its SC) with Clan Wolf and Wolf in Exile. In MW 4 and MW Mercs I was still with WX until we joined in with Kell Hounds to form the ARDC (there was some flirten with CJF in there too...lol. After a deployment to Iraq I ended up with Radians Immortal Pirates.(RIP) I still played on and off and kept up with a bunch of my buddies.(some of who I met while on Army deployments) Then one of my oldest friends pointed me toward this cool bunch of mech killers im with now. Widowmakers! I've been known as
=WX= Fochs Ward
CJF Fochs Ward
KH Fochs Ward
RIP Foxx
and of course WM Fochs im hoping to catch more of the old guys around!! 

Offline Roland

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Hansen's Roughriders
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
What is up folks.

HRR played all throughout Mechwarrior 4's lifecycle.

I played back in the TFS/UTS league with Clan Wolf (With folks like Darkgift and Orion), before joining up with HRR in that league.

Then with that group of guys, we played as HRR for a period in NBT4, although still with UTS as our primary league.

Then in NBT Mercs we played originally as Clan Burrock, eventually tiring of clan politics and switching over to play as the Grey Death Legion to go and kill the clans, serving as house merc for the Lyrans (Who were run by Traxxis at the time, if I recall). We had previously beaten up on LA while playing Burrock, but there was a good mutual respect between our units, so when we became IS mercs again they basically paid us infinite money to murderize the clans that were screwing with them on the western invasion corridors.

The HRR guys are still around, and we were really eager to jump into MWO... but PGI basically screwed everything up to such an extent that most folks have abandoned MWO, and are looking to Star Citizen as the next major game we play.

Figured I'd stop in to see how the old NBT crew were doing though. Rock on folks.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
looking to Star Citizen as the next major game we play.

Great, thanks Roland. I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that game ever existed, and now I think I just found what might be a major distraction from anything else I would ever do in my spare time. It looks like essentially (a) the Star Wars-style space sim I've been waiting for since Rogue Squadron, and (b) every idea I had for Clash Of Steel.

Offline Quicksilver

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: SJR
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 02:09:20 AM »

Great, thanks Roland. I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing that game ever existed, and now I think I just found what might be a major distraction from anything else I would ever do in my spare time. It looks like essentially (a) the Star Wars-style space sim I've been waiting for since Rogue Squadron, and (b) every idea I had for Clash Of Steel.
Isn't it wonderful?

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 11:05:01 AM »
Isn't it wonderful?

Assuming it comes to fruition, yeah. ;)

Offline Dark DeLaurel

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Clan Hell's Horses
  • Unit: Clan Hell's Horses
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2014, 03:58:32 AM »
Started off in NBT-1 as Clan Hell's Horses and kept the name and unit for all iterations except the first half of NBT-Mercs where we were Clan Cloud Cobra.

Offline Asmudius Heng

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • House Jurai
  • Unit: House Jurai
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »

Isn't it wonderful?

Holy crap - I had forgotton about Clash of Steel lol I still have the stories I wrote for the universe background somewhere.
[HJ]-Asmudius Heng of House Jurai
Those who can see their own demise learn not to fear death - but always to respect it. Know when I am the dealer of your death it comes with respect - but never with pity nor sympathy.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
Holy crap - I had forgotton about Clash of Steel lol I still have the stories I wrote for the universe background somewhere.

Actually, it's not dead (the game/engine is in its fifth (!) iteration now) so none of the work you and AF1 did was wasted. I was actually trying to dig it up recently; the wiki we had is so ancient I can't download a version that works with the database it used, so it would be great to have the story/design elements available again. :)

Offline Asmudius Heng

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • House Jurai
  • Unit: House Jurai
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2014, 07:21:24 PM »

Actually, it's not dead (the game/engine is in its fifth (!) iteration now) so none of the work you and AF1 did was wasted. I was actually trying to dig it up recently; the wiki we had is so ancient I can't download a version that works with the database it used, so it would be great to have the story/design elements available again. :)

I will go hunting and let you know man - I thought CoS folded long ago :)
[HJ]-Asmudius Heng of House Jurai
Those who can see their own demise learn not to fear death - but always to respect it. Know when I am the dealer of your death it comes with respect - but never with pity nor sympathy.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »
I will go hunting and let you know man - I thought CoS folded long ago :)

Not surprising, it's largely my fault for taking 8 years to write a game/engine. ;)

Offline SwampFox

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Red Legion
  • Unit: =Red Legion=
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »
NBT4: Clan Diamond Shark
NBTM: Red Legion/FWL

Some in-between i think... but i forget. Been awhile.... :)
SwampFox
=Red Legion=

Taigen

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 05:44:50 AM »
NBTM : Marian Hegemony (XO) - MHxThoman
NBT-HC: Clan Star Adder (saKhan) - (CSA)Hor`Samehito`

Hi all, hope you all have been well, it's been such a long time  :D

Offline jc4hokies

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Liao
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 06:54:22 AM »
Not surprising, it's largely my fault for taking 8 years to write a game/engine. ;)

You did CoS?? I grew up on that game. I probably have close to 100 playthroughs.

Offline Octavian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Kell Hounds
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 09:30:50 PM »
Floater on Classic

Primarily:

Clan Wolf
Clan Ghost Bear
Clan Star Adder
Word of Blake
Federated Suns (don't ask, I must've been drunk when I agreed)

Offline Proteus West

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 08:11:58 AM »
Before NBT, I played on Kali in the GC, Registry, TKZ, and WNL.

NBT-M - Clan Star Adder, which migrated into Clan Smoke Jaguar after the original one was banned (ironically turning back to Star Adder during HC)
NBT-M - Clan Nova Cat
NBT-M - Clan Diamond Shark (for a short time)
NBT-HC - Clan Cloud Cobra, which transformed into SJ the Pirate Unit, which then dual united SJ/WC
NBT-Mekpack - Federated Commonwealth