August 21, 2018, 02:14:27 PM

Author Topic: Clan IIC mechs  (Read 2215 times)

Offline TyGeR_STD

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: CSA
Clan IIC mechs
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:45:02 PM »
Hello,  I am curious if the NBT admins have talked about how to handle the introduction of the IIC mechs in December.  It is 2 months away so there is some time.  I'm asumeing they would need to be produced and distributed from factorys like other clan mechs?  If  a Clan salvaged or captured a normal Jenner or Hunchback could they convert it to a IIC variation?

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Clan IIC mechs
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 11:44:26 PM »
Hello,  I am curious if the NBT admins have talked about how to handle the introduction of the IIC mechs in December.  It is 2 months away so there is some time.  I'm asumeing they would need to be produced and distributed from factorys like other clan mechs?

That is my expectation.

If  a Clan salvaged or captured a normal Jenner or Hunchback could they convert it to a IIC variation?

Negative, it's a distinct variant so you would have to capture the IIC versions to be able to make them; "normal" variants remain "normal" after you take possession.

Offline GI_Journalist

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: [4TCR]
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »
In future iterations of the NBT-MWO league, I'd like to see the Periphery get Clan IIC Mechs, rather than the front-line Clan OmniMechs that they were seeded with this time. I understand that the Periphery needed access to Clan weapons as a means to balance their lack of resources, but I find the prevalence of front-line Clan OmniMechs in Periphery forces to be somewhat immersion breaking.

However, there is precedent in the novels for pirates from the Periphery using Inner Sphere Mechs outfitted with Clan technology. Units like the Red Corsairs terrorized the Inner Sphere with Clan tech, using refit Inner Sphere chassis. Clan IIC mechs such as the Jenner IIC, Hunchback IIC, Orion IIC and Highlander IIC would make excellent additions to Periphery forces, without detracting from immersion in BattleTech lore.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
They should not have had them at all; this was an error in the rules, a holdover from NBT-Mercs days when everyone had some percentage of clan tech (it was also 3067 then). In the next NBT-MWO they will not have any clan tech, same as the rest of the IS.

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 03:21:51 PM »
They should not have had them at all; this was an error in the rules, a holdover from NBT-Mercs days when everyone had some percentage of clan tech (it was also 3067 then). In the next NBT-MWO they will not have any clan tech, same as the rest of the IS.

Derv likes this. :thumbs up:

That being said, could the black market occasionally be seeded without notification for special events, maybe?
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS