July 22, 2017, 03:51:55 AM

Author Topic: Set up question(s)  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Lukoi

• Clan Council Representative
    • View Profile
    • Smoke Adders (Theta Galaxy, CSA)
  • Unit: Clan Star Adder (Smoke Adders)
Set up question(s)
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:44 AM »
So two quick questions as I'm in the unit set up phase with our guys and want to ensure I'm not completely damning us to futility by our initial placements, lol.

1. If we choose to over-garrison a planet initially, as soon as the unit set up is complete, can we move the over-garrisoned element into waiting JS overhead? Seems like that'd be the way to get a raid force going, without having to gut the actual intended garrison at this point, but wanted to be sure.

2. This is more asking folks opinions, but given we're initially starting in Clan space and fighting there (CSA has no entry point into IS yet), what is a reasonably smart way to allay initial industry? I see the increasing it on a variety of planets increases garrison, but it's 100mil to gain 25 mech slots, so obviously we can't go reinforcing too many places. As we do not want to stay in Clan space forever, should we look at a "fortress" approach around our factories, or our primary homeworld (where we own 10 sectors that each count as a planet) etc?  Or should we spread out the industry in hopes of keeping up earnings (avoiding the all eggs in a handful of baskets challenge)?

Thanks for any insights from the more experience players!

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Set up question(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 12:20:12 PM »
1. If we choose to over-garrison a planet initially, as soon as the unit set up is complete, can we move the over-garrisoned element into waiting JS overhead?

Yes

Offline ngrt

• Periphery State Representative
    • View Profile
  • Unit: KCom
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 01:13:55 PM »
CLAN HOMEWORLD JUMP - Allowed only to Clan Units. Jump is a One Way Ticket. This jump is designed to get the incoming clans into the Inner Sphere. The origin planet must be clan owned, as must the planet of destination. The owner of the destination planet must have declared the jumping unit as an ally. 500 ly distance limit. The Clan Jump will only target planets above the Tukayyid Truce Line at present, though you may jump from planets below the line.

I believe that you can get to the IS space rather easily by using one of the current four clan's jump points, as long as you ally with them.  In other words, better break out the gifts and woo some people.

Offline Lukoi

• Clan Council Representative
    • View Profile
    • Smoke Adders (Theta Galaxy, CSA)
  • Unit: Clan Star Adder (Smoke Adders)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:56:29 PM »

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:35:34 PM »
We will not be approving alliance requests between the homeworld clans and current invasion clans, and we will also be removing critical planets on the Exodus Road to prevent coming down the "long way".

The homeworld clans will need to fight it out, that's the only way.

Offline DV^McKenna

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 06:10:37 AM »
We will not be approving alliance requests between the homeworld clans and current invasion clans, and we will also be removing critical planets on the Exodus Road to prevent coming down the "long way".

The homeworld clans will need to fight it out, that's the only way.

Interesting. Back room deals ahoy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:48:25 AM by DV^McKenna »

Offline Drinker of Lives

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Unit: Clan Ice Hellion (i think?)
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2015, 02:34:01 AM »

can we move the over-garrisoned element into waiting JS overhead? Seems like that'd be the way to get a raid force going, without having to gut the actual intended garrison at this point, but wanted to be sure.

Buy Jumpships.  Big ones.  Keep ALL mechs you don't  garrison in the ships and stockpile mechs you want to have in numbers that aren't in garrison in them as well. 

reason being: the upkeep is cheaper.  ALOT. I had 500+ novacats floating over Luthien for quite some time, and quite affordably.

when garrison fees and upkeep is scheduled to go through... move any mechs you can off non threatened worlds onto ships.  Saves u a lot in the long run if you move stuff around right.  even if they are only in the sky for a couple hours, they aren't counted in garrison. 

umm....  I always kept a few ships moving in a patrol type circuit around my charge stations for fast response to attack, never so far away as to not garrison In time. 

Leave at least a couple mechs on targetable planets but still keeping as many mechs as possible off the ground, if you have to retake a planet that had 15 mechs on it, you can have jumpships carrying hundreds on another sector or an out of the way planet one jump out.

Buy Jumpships. Buy big jumpships whenever possible.. cant stress it enough, they pay for themselves in the long run and aslo keep all production in them as well to keep sticky fingers off. Orbit factory worlds, as soon as they hit the ground, scoop em up. If I remember right, it's cheaper to have them on ship than in mothball as well.

Derv will now either condemn me for exploitation of automation or tell me that's been fixed somehow and we cant do that anymore..

« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:39:16 AM by Drinker of Lives »
"my milkshake brings all the boys to tha yard.."