May 26, 2018, 12:53:36 AM

Author Topic: How do you add troops to a planet that is under attack  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
How do you add troops to a planet that is under attack
« on: September 13, 2015, 07:19:21 AM »
How do you add troops to a planet that is under attack but has not had a force Dec yet? Dont tell me to move a jump ship in and unload as it doesnt work, been there done that. Tried to move some mechs in to help fill in for some of the crap that is on planet and cant do it.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: How do you add troops to a planet that is under attack
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:14 AM »
How do you add troops to a planet that is under attack but has not had a force Dec yet? Dont tell me to move a jump ship in and unload as it doesnt work, been there done that. Tried to move some mechs in to help fill in for some of the crap that is on planet and cant do it.

You will need to be more specific about "can't do it" -- I have not received word from others that they are unable to reinforce. Which planet do you mean in this case?

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:45:50 AM »
If it's the one I believe you mean, the 18-hour window has expired. This window is independent of whether or not the forcedec has been issued. From here, under Planet Lockdown: http://mwo.netbattletech.com/attacks_battles.htm

Full Planet Lockdown occurs 18 hours after the first incoming hostile Jumpship is detected

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:04:53 AM »
Tried to move troops into Laconis with in when it was first attacked. Couldnt unload

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 09:06:52 AM »
I have to speculate a bit here, but if you tried to do it with a Transport jumpship it would not have let you. Transports cannot interact with attack JS, nor can they transfer mechs to a planet under attack.

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:37:17 AM »
Was not a transport and just got the force dec for that planet a little bit ago

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 09:53:54 AM »
Is the JS still over the planet?

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
Yes it is and got the Force Dec a little bit ago. Before we got the force dec it showed Jump, jumpship and planet but its to late now as showing locked. Dont worry about it as I have gotten to the point now it doesnt matter much any more.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:36:01 PM by Thumper9669 »

Offline Aylward

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
    • HeadHunters of Davion - Main Hall
  • Unit: HeadHunters of Davion
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2015, 04:39:52 PM »
I am trying to add mechs to an allied battle, within the 18hr window (within the last hour in fact), and I get this message when I hit transfer units to planet..

Found all mechs to move. All on JS.
Beginning addition of mechs to planet.
You are the Allied Attacker. Transfer approved.You cannot place attack mechs on this planet.

The mechs do not leave the jumpship... This is a Magellan JS. (ID 194)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:42:04 PM by Aylward »
Aylward
RCTCO - HeadHunters of Davion
Federated Suns CO
AFFS

Offline Cassowary

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: House of Outlaw
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 04:29:50 AM »
If I remember correctly the industry on the planet gave a limit of how many mechs could be in your garrison.  This might have something to do with Thumpers issue.  I cant remember if an allied garrison counted towards this total.  If it does then that may be the answer to your issue Aylward.

Then again I could be completely off my rocker and have no idea what I am talking about!

Offline QueenBlade

• Mechwarrior
    • View Profile
  • Unit: 228 IBR
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
A garrison can be over-garrisoned by 50% of the support number.

Example: Planet can support 50 mechs (garrison).  You can over-garrison the planet to 75 mechs, because
50 * 50% = 25, thus 50 + 25 = 75.

Allied mechs on planet do count towards the total number of mechs that can be supported on the planet.

So using the example again, if Planetary owner has 50 mechs on planet, and ally has 25 mechs on planet as well.  Then the planet has reached its max support value unless more industry is placed on the planet.  If you increase the industry of a planet, then it can support a larger garrison.

Offline TheMagician

• Mercenary Unit Representative
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Steel JaguaR
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 09:02:25 AM »
But this is an attack, not a garrison. My guess is that you were actually outside of the reinforcement window.

Offline Aylward

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
    • HeadHunters of Davion - Main Hall
  • Unit: HeadHunters of Davion
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 10:55:43 AM »
Nope, it was within the first hour.. it wasn't that.. Turns out you could not reinforce an attack with allied forces unless it was a planetary assault. Xavier and Tundra did some tinkering under the covers related to  larger raids I think, but I cannot confirm. We'd also brought so many mechs we'd overloaded the attack queue with the main assault force there anyway, not familiar with the top limits there yet, so it was moot.   :P

Was really just trying to chaperone the other unit in on their first attack here, it wasn't a lack of forces... Glad to have uncovered this in the meantime though..  thanks for the replies.
Aylward
RCTCO - HeadHunters of Davion
Federated Suns CO
AFFS

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
Yes, the rules are not exactly clear on this; they only talk about PAs when it comes to "joint assaults". But those rules were also written for an NBT that did not have multiple fully-allied marches and districts making up an overall faction. Therefore, we extended the concept of "joint assaults" to include GRaids and FRaids (anything that is large enough to need the multi-drop tracker, in other words).

I will update the rules to reflect this, and to be more specific about what can and cannot be done, and when.