January 18, 2018, 09:37:33 PM

Author Topic: Batchall  (Read 1770 times)

Offline TygerLily

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Cameron's Highlanders
Batchall
« on: September 10, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there could be a cool mechanic to help IS fight Clans by incentivizing Clans to whittle down their forces...because roleplay and mercy lol.

In the 18 hour window, might there be an admin level that allows any Clan player to bid a roster/drop deck.

A bid states tonnage and number of pilots for each battle.

The first bid proposed would be logged as the Bid Force. If another Clanner posts a roster/drop deck with any amount of less tonnage or less pilots then their proposed attack force would become logged as the Bid Force.

All that previous stuff is to guide the Clans. They are not bound by it. The night of the drop, they can use whatever Mechs and pilots they wish.

HOWEVER...if, when entering their Battle Logs, their actual forces used match their logged Bid Force (tonnage and pilot count) then their Faction gains amount of "Honor", win or lose. If they win, then every pilot in that battle gains +1 to their Blood Name score (or whatever personal scoring system would work). The Honor amount is determined by how much of a disparity there was between them and the enemy force they faced.

Honor is NOT lost if a Clan team wins with equal or over-tonnage because, again, the Clans can break these 'rules' anytime they want to kick IS asses properly. I'd say it would be fair to let Clans lose honor if they are defeated by an equal or smaller force with honor never going below 0.

Maybe Honor could be used mechanically in some way in-game OR could simply be an actual mark of prowess. Since you could only earn it by fighting enemy's when using a self-limiting roster/drop deck it would actually reflect individual's ability to win with the smallest possible force.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:23:58 AM by TygerLily »

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Batchall
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:12:11 PM »
Not sure if this can be hardcoded into the Lostech Automation, but it's an interesting idea for the new one.
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline QueenBlade

• Mechwarrior
    • View Profile
  • Unit: 228 IBR
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »
228 already conducts this action internally for the first 48 hours of a battle declaration.  Since we have 4 competitive (time zones) companies and a casual company, the leadership put together a bidding system to give every company a chance at getting battles.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »
I like the idea -- it adds more flavor to being a Clan unit, than just "we've got better tech, nyaa nyaa!". There is already an "honor points" system in the "lostech" automation (clever, I like it), but it is largely based around how few mechs a team loses on a drop. Can (and should) be fleshed out.

Does that mean we call the newer code "dark age" automation then? :P

Offline RayRazor

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
  • Unit: BlackThornes
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »
 :D  great idea Tyger

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »
I like the idea -- it adds more flavor to being a Clan unit, than just "we've got better tech, nyaa nyaa!". There is already an "honor points" system in the "lostech" automation (clever, I like it), but it is largely based around how few mechs a team loses on a drop. Can (and should) be fleshed out.

We should call it Helmcore off the Helm Memory Core that the Gray Death Legion found that allowed the IS to start killing each other more effectively again.
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »

We should call it Helmcore off the Helm Memory Core that the Gray Death Legion found that allowed the IS to start killing each other more effectively again.

OK so Lostech and Helmcore it is. :)