April 22, 2018, 11:16:55 AM

Author Topic: Server Maintenance: Clock skew  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Server Maintenance: Clock skew
« on: September 06, 2015, 02:20:30 PM »
Some of you may have noticed odd times on your battle logs, emails, etc. This is because the server, for some reason, is not talking to an external time source, and the server has skewed about half an hour into the future.

Tonight (Monday morning UTC time) I am going to align the server with a network time source. This should not affect anyone (I doubt anyone is looking to jump ships at 4, 5 or 6AM. I will also reboot the server at that time to make sure everything comes back up properly (I will actually take down the database and web servers prior to making this change).

No one should notice a difference, but if you find that your JS suddenly all have 3212h charge time left, or some other absurdity, please let me know.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Server Maintenance: Clock skew
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 12:59:46 AM »
This was completed. Only one person noticed a difference, as he was preparing to jump ships (which had just finished charging) when the time changed, and suddenly it showed 1h charge left (at least it wasn't 3212h ;) ). I was able to get that instance sorted, and now the server should show something resembling "real" time.

The server is set for UTC-4 currently (will be UTC-5 when daylight savings time ends). Eastern time, in other words.