September 25, 2017, 03:24:06 PM

Author Topic: NBT FAQ  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
NBT FAQ
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:27:25 PM »
So we've been going long enough that some questions are being asked independently, so I want to collect the answers in one place (this thread). I will add one post per question (open replies will be disabled to keep it easy to read).

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NBT FAQ
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:28:34 PM »
Q: Can we buy from allied factories even if the allied unit is inactive or vacant?
A: Yes

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 11:29:54 PM »
Q: Can I have my mercenary do a mech raid for me, and I get to keep the mechs?
A: No, the automation does not currently support this.*

* Under discussion with the league development team.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 11:50:55 PM »
Q: I bought X industry at planet Y. Why don't I see the increase in Planet Y's industry?
A:  Industry purchases, like mech purchases, will take effect within 72 hours, it is not immediate.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:00:52 PM by Xavier »

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 11:59:50 AM »
Q: I sold some mechs but I don't see any income from it!
A:  There are two types of sale -- "immediate", where you sell for the current market rate (based on supply/demand in the Black Market), and "consignment", where you post mechs to the Black Market and if they sell, obtain a premium over the market price. The first type of sale puts c-bills into your account right away. The second type puts them in your account only when someone else (not you!) buys them from the Black Market.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 03:54:14 PM »
Q: If I am a House Merc, can I take contracts from other employers?
A: Not really. From the rules:

"Units may have multiple House Mercs working for them, but a Merc unit may only be thus allied with a single unit."

While you do not have to be allied with an employer in order to work for them (you can perform raids, for example, with your own resources), this is generally frowned upon (unless you have the explicit approval of your sponsor house). The idea is that if you accept the perks of being a house merc, you also accept the restrictions on "extracurricular activities".

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »
Q: I have a Guerrilla Raid/Factory Destroy Raid/Planetary Assault, and I got my force dec, but it doesn't have maps or tonnages. Where can I find this information?
A: In your automation interface, click the Battle Reporting button, and on that next screen, click the Multi-Drop Tracker button below the battle list. This brings up a list of battles that use the Multi-Drop Tracker. Click "Report Battle" (yes, I know, not particularly intuitive, I apologize) and the tracker will show you the map(s) and tonnage(s) for (up to) the next 7 drops in your battle.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
Q: I logged my attack under Battle Reporting, but my mechs are still on the planet?!?
A: Did you complete the third step (second logging action for the Attacker), "Confirm Battle Report"? You are given the option to load the mechs from planet to your JS during this second step.

Note that you must do this during this third step; you do not get an additional opportunity later to load up your mechs; they have become the property of the planet owner. There is a big red warning in the middle of this logging page, so make sure to pay attention to it!