November 17, 2017, 06:33:40 PM

Author Topic: Fixed: Incorrect jumpship recharge times  (Read 5129 times)

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Fixed: Incorrect jumpship recharge times
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »
attack capcon
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 10:58:12 PM »
Hate to say it but the recharge times are just out there and should be adjusted or make it so that the vacant space can be used. Right now my unit can jump into some other space and just barely but because it is vacant it is going to take us about 3 weeks to get to any one. Cant even use factories or CS in those areas as once again they are vacant space.

This is one of the perks and risks of being a periphery kingdom -- you are essentially isolated.

If you are allied with another PK near the "action" you have the Periphery Link Jump available to you to get closer in.

Offline Aylward

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
    • HeadHunters of Davion - Main Hall
  • Unit: HeadHunters of Davion
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 06:01:58 AM »
Im fine with them going back as well..
Aylward
RCTCO - HeadHunters of Davion
Federated Suns CO
AFFS

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 07:51:31 AM »
Tried to go there but since I have to wait 3 days for a recharge since I jumped from where our home world is could have been in there later today but looking at 2 more days still. Would have been possibly else where today but looking at tomorrow now for one of our other fleets.

Offline CaelVoltek

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Apocalypse Lancers
  • Unit: Apocalypse Lancers
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2015, 09:05:48 AM »
We would prefer the 50 hour recharge, of course, but will work with the decision of the admins.

We have planned everything up to now based on a 72 hour base recharge time, because that's what was stated in the rules. If anyone jumped and saw 50 hours remaining, they should have contacted the admins for clarification. Several times in talking with other unit leaders about plans and automation, we always walked away with at least 1 or 2 items to ask the Admins.

-cv

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2015, 09:14:10 AM »
Well this is just great Used jump ships to head to capcon as suggested and come to find out on the first minor jump now have an 80 hour recharge time. Lets do some thing with this other then say its 72 hours and be done. The sad part is the planet jumped to is under 30 ly

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 10:15:47 AM »
I am not seeing any great resistance to setting it back to 50h from the posts so far, so we may go ahead and do so today.

FWIW, it *was* that someone noticed the charge time and inquired, that the bug was discovered and the code fixed to reflect the rules listed.

Offline HBizzle

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Flavor of the Month Gaming
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
Xavier can you send out a message when it is switched back?  Thanks.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 01:11:55 PM »
I am not seeing any great resistance to setting it back to 50h from the posts so far, so we may go ahead and do so today.

FWIW, it *was* that someone noticed the charge time and inquired, that the bug was discovered and the code fixed to reflect the rules listed.

Are you using your charge stations? If they are not optimally placed for your needs, I don't think you guys have used your one free re-arrangement yet (offer expires Monday at 8PM EDT)

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »
OK we have rolled back to the launch setting of a 50h base recharge time. I have also updated the rules to reflect this (it now says "2 days" average recharge time).

Note this is only a delta of -22 hours; if you previously jumped into an M9 system, it's still a relatively long time before you can jump that ship again.

Offline Silent Monk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Galatean Armored Cavalry
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »
Thank you for changing this back, much appreciated.

Offline CaelVoltek

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Apocalypse Lancers
  • Unit: Apocalypse Lancers
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 09:54:37 PM »

Sweet. Good to know.

Quote from: Xavier
OK we have rolled back to the launch setting of a 50h base recharge time. I have also updated the rules to reflect this (it now says "2 days" average recharge time).

Thanks for the heads up.

-cv

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:22 AM »
Guess I am still new to the crap of the jump ship and recharging times. Just trying to figure out how it takes a week to finally get out of our own space and yet some one else can jump deep into our space in a day when it takes us a week to leave from there. So the question is WTF? and the 72 hour recharge times are still just so far out there.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »
Guess I am still new to the crap of the jump ship and recharging times. Just trying to figure out how it takes a week to finally get out of our own space and yet some one else can jump deep into our space in a day when it takes us a week to leave from there.

It's unlikely it was a day, my expectation is that WD spent time in advance (and maybe made use of someone's CS chain) to get close enough for a jump (either SSJ or normal).

So the question is WTF? and the 72 hour recharge times are still just so far out there.

Those are the times, it was well known in advance that this would be the case, and honestly, you are the only one complaining. I understand that it can be frustrating at times, but you do have to plan for stuff like this in NBT.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 11:28:58 AM by Xavier »

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 12:09:21 PM »
Did plan on things but it takes almost a week to around in just our space unless we do get to use the CS but as it stands some of our planets take over a week to get to them alone even with use of CS. That is because have to go round about to get to them. Was just trying to figure out how they could jump further in to our space and we cant hardly move with out needing to recharge.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:15:52 PM by Thumper9669 »