October 22, 2017, 12:26:06 PM

Author Topic: Unit summary or "Current STIREP" screen?  (Read 105 times)

Offline T e c h 4 9

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Marine Mechs
Unit summary or "Current STIREP" screen?
« on: September 25, 2017, 09:13:11 AM »
Would it be possible to build a Unit Summary or "SITREP" screen into the automation? Basically, a screen that gives the current status of the unit: # of combat units and locations, where JS/DS are located, how many C-bills in the coffers, current planets, current battles occurring (only ones the unit is engaged in), etc.? A "one-stop" location that gives a snapshot of what the unit has going on is basically what I mean. Doesn't necessarily need to have all of those metrics, as for larger units (I'm on ELH and we are pretty small currently) that might be a pretty big page. Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for reading!

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: Unit summary or "Current STIREP" screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 11:00:19 AM »
There is already the Planets, the Dropships and the Jumpships pages, under Faction Tools. I've had requests to expand the Planets page to include additional information, so that's where it would likely end up.

Offline Xannatharr

• Mercenary Unit Representative
    • View Profile
  • Unit: [T] The Templars
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »
I like the sounds of that.
- The Star League Will Rise Again

Offline T e c h 4 9

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Marine Mechs
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
Xavier,

Thanks for the reply. What I meant was a single page that gave a snapshot-in-time of important metrics for the unit. I find it much easier to maintain SA (situational awareness) when the main info is all in one place, regardless of what I'm doing (this applies to not only NBT, but many other things I do for work and for fun - MRBC scheduling and drop deck composition, for example). Now granted, ELH (my team) is rather small and not a lot going on; a larger unit might be more difficult to keep track of. I wonder how many other unit admins keep track of their units (maintain SA) using some other product outside NBT, like Excel for instance?

The exact metrics to be displayed could be decided by the community, possibly with a poll or some other means of eliciting feedback? I'm not trying to create additional work for the admins; actually, if I had coding skills I'd offer them up to do this! At this time though, I unfortunately do not. However....I am willing to learn and do have an interest in coding, I just have not really pursued it in a long long time (last time I was working on C#, but that was over 10 years ago).

Anyway, thanks for listening and I appreciate the work put it in to create the current system! If I can be of assistance in any way (probably not), please do not hesitate to ask.