September 20, 2018, 09:01:08 AM

Author Topic: NBT-MWO alpha rules  (Read 16579 times)

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
Re: NBT-MWO alpha rules
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
Raids are 5-8 pilots; 5v5 is recons only.

PA drops depend on the phase; Landing Zone, Forced Retreat, Siege Assault and the "normal" PA drops all have their own rules (see Planetary Assaults under NBT Rules on the automation site).

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2015, 01:35:57 PM »
Was going by what was still in the rules:

Pass Through:

This type of jump is chosen when there is no intention of attacking. It is primarily used when moving within your own space or that of an ally. If the planet's owner does not have you marked as an ally there is a 15% chance that you will go unnoticed. If not, a Trespass Dispute Battle will result. The idea here is a small battle to decide if the JS can stay. If you win you can stay. If not, you are returned to wherever the JS came from.

Trespass Dispute Battle - Fought in "Skirmish". Time limit TBD. A small battle using 2-4 '‘'Mechs with a maximum of 150 tons. 2-4 pilots on each side.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2015, 01:37:51 PM »
Yes, that was correct. You had stated, however, that all other raids were 5v5, which is not the case -- that was what I was clarifying.

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:40 PM »
ok got it

Offline Nori

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: FotMG
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2015, 01:43:27 PM »
OK, but how is the decision of how many mechs in a drop there are made?
So lets said I do a raid, it is supposed to have 5-8 pilots/mechs. How is the specific amount decided on? Do the two groups hash it out, does the defender set it? Or is it just how many people happen to be available?

Offline BanditB17

• NBT League Team
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Isengrim
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:38 PM »
my assumption is if you have a 500 ton limit, you can choose to either bring 5 pilots with 5 100 ton mechs, or 8 pilots with smaller mechs.

The 250-500 ton limit, however, is chosen by the automation when an attack is initiated.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
You can drop however many pilots you want, or have available, without going outside the pilot limits or max tonnage for that drop.

If you are going to drop substantially different number of pilots than 8, you may want to let the opposing DC know at or before drop time, as a courtesy.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
my assumption is if you have a 500 ton limit, you can choose to either bring 5 pilots with 5 100 ton mechs, or 8 pilots with smaller mechs.

The 250-500 ton limit, however, is chosen by the automation when an attack is initiated.

These are correct.

Offline ngrt

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: KCom
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »
I need some clarification on raids.

As a pk, our regular raids steal 500 tons of mechs for a drop. Does this apply to our graids as well?

Also, are graids always better than a regular steal raid? If I was to launch a regular steal raid on a planet, would a graid on the same said planet instead be more profitable assuming all drops are won?

Also, do we know the salvage % rates of raids and graids?

Also, just how much industry is stolen from a successful graid?

Offline QueenBlade

• Mechwarrior
    • View Profile
  • Unit: 228 IBR
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
They look really different.

STD Raid: 350 - 500 tons
GRaid: 250 - 450 tons

Both raids have different effects on the planet.  Also GRaids have a variable that determines Battle Slots based on how much industry is on the planet.

You can only have 1 GRaid succeed on a planet per month.  Effects from a GRaid last 30 days.  You also have to play every drop in a GRaid, not best of series.  Where as most STD Raids are single drop engagements.

The most hurtful one I see is the STD Raid - Factory Destruction: 5 drops, Attacker must win all 5. If successful, then the targeted Factory Slot is rendered inoperative for a period of 120 days.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:17:00 PM by QueenBlade »

Offline ngrt

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: KCom
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
So its 500t mechs stolen for regular theft raid for a single drop, but less tonnage stolen for doing say a 5drop graid? If so, why graid for stealing? There must be a reason to use that option, I'm assuming. I just don't see why I would use a graid to steal if regular raid is better in every way.

Offline Helbrecht

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »
better salvage. rember if you win you also can salvage mechs which are not apart of your stealing tonnage. a 5 drop graid will have 40 dead mechs to choose from. so in therory you could gain way more tonnage than you steal.

Offline BanditB17

• NBT League Team
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Isengrim
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »
My understanding was that in a guerrilla raid, all salvage is left on the planet regardless of the victor?

My assumption also was that each drop in a guerrilla raid each stole a certain tonnage of mechs as well as industry.

Offline Thumper9669

• Mechwarrior Trainee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:38 AM »
Just remember you can only take what you can carry so if you jump in for a GRAID with only a single jumpship that can cary say 36 and you have 24 on board already that will leave you only room for 12 mechs. So as for mechs that you can leave with you are limited. Figure that you need at least one jump for carrying your mechs and 1-2 more to leave with the spoils of war.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »
My understanding was that in a guerrilla raid, all salvage is left on the planet regardless of the victor?

My assumption also was that each drop in a guerrilla raid each stole a certain tonnage of mechs as well as industry.

Only if you win the overall raid; you can't win 2 out of 5 and get anything from it. ;)