June 29, 2017, 03:49:32 AM

Author Topic: Looking for a home  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Balthzar

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Looking for a home
« on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:14 PM »
I was looking for a good solid group of guys looking to be competitive or working towards it.
Just some history and background about me, and this is solely for informational purposes I am a pretty humble guy but am entirely proud of my accomplishments.

I've been playing since MW1, I did skip 3 so I have been playing since 1990 or 91 (yes I am oldish).

regarding league play
I played in a couple of clown leagues for MW4 honestly wasn't impressed and can't even remember the names.

I played in NBT Mercs. I started out with clan blood spirit and then moved on to Clan Steel Viper Where I became SaKhan we took CSV from 5 planets to 16 we completely took out the whole hansiatic league. after a couple of years the current clan Jade Falcon got burned out and we were asked by the league admins if we would be interested in Merging with CJF. After some discussion we decided to more for the good of the league than anything else. we managed to push clan wolf back by about half a dozen planets. We were the clan that took Karbala from the IS we did continue to play for quite some time after that. I have done a lot of Drop Commanding in my day.

Most of my guys also started playing in the MEKTEK league as well as NBT-hardcore and NBT-classic

I was part of the Alpha for MWO and frankly at that time I was pretty burnt out and didn't enjoy the initial game play so I took a break.

Then a few days ago I have been looking around for something new to play and decided to jump back into a mech and was sooooooooo completely happy with how MWO has developed and well "I'm Back"

I will say that MWO is not cheap, then again I like my mechs and dropped more money on mechs than I care to admit but lets just say I have a few chasis

I know there are a lot of people who use Bloodnames without having earned them or know what they mean. I earned my Bloodname for taking Karbala from the IS. to receive my bloodname I had to battle the Ilkahn in one on one combat for my Trial of Bloodright. I earned this name and would prefer to keep it.

if you want to add me as a friend in MWO its "Balthzar Hazen"

I am competent in the following roles
Long range support, missile or anything else shame the Long Tom didn't make it in here.
front line fighting ranged or brawling.
and honestly I am a heck of a drop commander.

for the leadership, I am happy to help out and do whats needed to support the unit, teach, DC, or just lay back and pilot. I am not one of those people who are seeking power or position. I am looking to kick ass and take names and most importantly have fun.

I work for myself so I can make myself available most evenings and nights I am generally up late and my wife is away for the next 3 months sooo that means I don't have to make the bed or clean the toilet ;)

if this is to much info sorry but rather a bit more than not enough.

Regards
Bal`thzar Hazen

Offline MechTheDane

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
    • Hall of the Warriors of Aesir (and Isengrim)
  • Unit: The Isengrim
Re: Looking for a home
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 03:12:14 PM »
Still around? Do you require the team that picks you up to be CFJ?

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »
Did you ever get around to finishing the Epoch?
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline MechTheDane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 04:35:56 AM »
he ded

Offline Balthzar

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:14 PM »
I'm open to just about anything

Offline MechTheDane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »
How you feel about Space Vikingry?

Offline MechTheDane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »
Except Friend Invites from UCR Starwolf & Mechronomicon

Offline DV^McKenna

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:34:04 AM »
I was looking for a good solid group of guys looking to be competitive or working towards it.
Just some history and background about me, and this is solely for informational purposes I am a pretty humble guy but am entirely proud of my accomplishments.

I've been playing since MW1, I did skip 3 so I have been playing since 1990 or 91 (yes I am oldish).

regarding league play
I played in a couple of clown leagues for MW4 honestly wasn't impressed and can't even remember the names.

I played in NBT Mercs. I started out with clan blood spirit and then moved on to Clan Steel Viper Where I became SaKhan we took CSV from 5 planets to 16 we completely took out the whole hansiatic league. after a couple of years the current clan Jade Falcon got burned out and we were asked by the league admins if we would be interested in Merging with CJF. After some discussion we decided to more for the good of the league than anything else. we managed to push clan wolf back by about half a dozen planets. We were the clan that took Karbala from the IS we did continue to play for quite some time after that. I have done a lot of Drop Commanding in my day.

Most of my guys also started playing in the MEKTEK league as well as NBT-hardcore and NBT-classic

I was part of the Alpha for MWO and frankly at that time I was pretty burnt out and didn't enjoy the initial game play so I took a break.

Then a few days ago I have been looking around for something new to play and decided to jump back into a mech and was sooooooooo completely happy with how MWO has developed and well "I'm Back"

I will say that MWO is not cheap, then again I like my mechs and dropped more money on mechs than I care to admit but lets just say I have a few chasis

I know there are a lot of people who use Bloodnames without having earned them or know what they mean. I earned my Bloodname for taking Karbala from the IS. to receive my bloodname I had to battle the Ilkahn in one on one combat for my Trial of Bloodright. I earned this name and would prefer to keep it.

if you want to add me as a friend in MWO its "Balthzar Hazen"

I am competent in the following roles
Long range support, missile or anything else shame the Long Tom didn't make it in here.
front line fighting ranged or brawling.
and honestly I am a heck of a drop commander.

for the leadership, I am happy to help out and do whats needed to support the unit, teach, DC, or just lay back and pilot. I am not one of those people who are seeking power or position. I am looking to kick ass and take names and most importantly have fun.

I work for myself so I can make myself available most evenings and nights I am generally up late and my wife is away for the next 3 months sooo that means I don't have to make the bed or clean the toilet ;)

if this is to much info sorry but rather a bit more than not enough.

Regards
Bal`thzar Hazen

Oh my god....Wait till i tell Idle your still alive.

Offline IdleCrow

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 04:53:15 AM »
Seems when I randomly posted on NBT forums back in 2012 you didn't get the telepathic message to check NBT forums like DV did.

Last I played was over a year ago with old CBS guys (Spudman, Pain and Yeti). DV may know who still playing who isn't total ass  :P

Offline DV^McKenna

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 05:03:01 AM »
Seems when I randomly posted on NBT forums back in 2012 you didn't get the telepathic message to check NBT forums like DV did.

Last I played was over a year ago with old CBS guys (Spudman, Pain and Yeti). DV may know who still playing who isn't total ass  :P

99.9% of the community is total ass.

If your not playing for EMP,Lords,SJR or 228's top tier team  it will just be frustrating...unless you turned into a chill carebear...but that isn't the Bal i remember

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 08:34:46 PM »
MWO could actually use more T1 teams...

Offline Helbrecht

• Periphery State Representative
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 11:50:29 AM »
Thier are a number of teams that have progressed far and can push the top tiers teams
D5
Ns
 smoke jays
Isengrim
Mm
Sig
AS?
SRS if thier still around

The top 5

EMP
SJR
LORDS
AND Storm jaguar/SRS are still big boys

Offline DV^McKenna

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
MWO could actually use more T1 teams...

many of the old T1 teams, aren't that desperate.
And if you've looked at the current PTS energy draw system well.....Life is almost extinct anyway.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
Oh trust me I've looked at it, played it. It's what happens when you put scrubs in with play-to-win players...and then listen only to what the scrubs have to say. It's hilarious to see people contort themselves trying to fabricate a rationale that this is somehow not just Ghost Heat 2.0...

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 07:43:14 AM »
I got banned from their forums for telling the bads that no matter what they do to the system, unless they knuckle down and emulate the good players, they will always be inferior pilots. Good players have the dedication to using meta builds and reflexes to always remain good. All it will do is take them a few days  (or hours) to come up with the new meta (and they already have) and we'll be back to where we started. Except even more people will hate the game.
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS