October 22, 2017, 03:48:23 PM

Author Topic: NBT-Classic 5 Alpha Sign Ups  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
NBT-Classic 5 Alpha Sign Ups
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:02:42 PM »
Please fill out this form:

Previous experience with NBT:

Previous experience with Megamek/Tabletop:

What is your proffered unit of choice (Cobra, Coyote, Star Adder, Stone Lion, Scorpion, Hanseatic, Bandit):

Do you want to be part of the strategic part of the league (unit leader) or just play games:

What would you bring to the unit:

Rate your skills with Megamek/Tabletop on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being brand new and 10 being hardcore competitive:

Estimate how many hours you'd have to play per week:

Are you willing to spend time giving feedback to improve the league:

Favorite Strategy Type (Brawl/Combined Arms/Sniping/etc):

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:23:39 PM by Derv »
GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline Derv

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NBT-Classic 5 Alpha Sign Ups
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
Previous experience with NBT: Too many units to count, I've been an Admin for years and know NBT like the back of my hand.

Previous experience with Megamek/Tabletop: Been playing since 1998, but not competitively until about 2006 or so. That being said I used to be wicked good at this game and thanks to not being in the competitive scene am now simply good. Ah how the mighty have fallen... :P

What is your proffered unit of choice (Cobra, Coyote, Star Adder, Stone Lion, Scorpion, Hanseatic, Bandit): Stone Lion. These guys are basically the remnants of Hell's Horses in the homeworlds.

Do you want to be part of the strategic part of the league (unit leader) or just play games: Unit leader, though as admin I may hold off due to conflict of interest.

What would you bring to the unit: A strong tactical and strategic mind with a decent amount of time to kill and lots of experience. Basically Kael Pershaw except more robot parts.

Rate your skills with Megamek/Tabletop on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being brand new and 10 being hardcore competitive: I used to be a 9 or 10, but I'd rate myself a solid 8 right now.

Estimate how many hours you'd have to play per week: I can throw in a few hours a night a couple of days a week, so I'd estimate about 6-12 hours a week at most depending on my schedule.

Are you willing to spend time giving feedback to improve the league: I'd certainly hope so.

Favorite Strategy Type (Brawl/Combined Arms/Sniping/etc): Chaos. I'm completely random with my strategies as I know them all quite well. My greatest strength is you'll never know what I'm going to bring.

GRANDIOSE DELUSIONS

Offline Scotty

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 09:13:55 AM »
Please fill out this form:

Previous experience with NBT: NBT Hardcore years ago, never got to play the old NBT Classic though I wanted to.

Previous experience with Megamek/Tabletop: Played Legends/The Shack/3025 servers. Casual tabletop.

What is your proffered unit of choice: Star Adder

Do you want to be part of the strategic part of the league (unit leader) or just play games: I would be willing to be a unit leader unless you found someone better qualified to be one.

What would you bring to the unit: I like to make things interesting in my tactics and don't have an issue explaining obscure rules where needed. I am a team player and always strive to have some form of agreement from parties involved even if it's with conditions.

Rate your skills with Megamek/Tabletop on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being brand new and 10 being hardcore competitive: I would honestly rate myself around a 5. I can get super competitive but I don't admit to knowing everything and find there is always room to learn new tricks and ideas in regards to tactical choices ect.

Estimate how many hours you'd have to play per week: 20+ on average more depending on work schedules.

Are you willing to spend time giving feedback to improve the league: yes, most definitely

Favorite Strategy Type (Brawl/Combined Arms/Sniping/etc): I like to use range advantage with heavier units before going into brawling mode.

Offline {CYT}Cmeg

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Clan Coyote
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »
This is {CYT}™Cmeg,

I would like to help support NBT-Classic 5 Alpha.

I have played MW4M Inner Sphere Pack Clan Pack, Vengeance in their league as {xXFACmegXx}, Black Knight in the NTB_HC League, Mech Warrior League {MWL}  I was the Khan of Clan Coyote in NBT_HC and MWL and started as a SIBKO and worked my way up.  I did not play the Table Top Version {My Bad}
At one time I was an ilKhan, had enough MW's to have a Team in NBT_HC and MWL at the same time.
I like Teamwork and enjoy winging any level of player and help the New Players if asked.

I was informed 2 Years before Microsoft would not support MW4M and MekTek would not be supporting MW4M (NBT_HC Etc.,.)  I immediately put up a Server on Game Ranger to keep MW4M Alive where us die hard players would have  a place to play. Its up today and will be until I depart from this Earth.  Someone else will have to pick up the Torch of MW4M and carry on, I am hoping it will be You.  I have my own Website (Admin) www.clancoyote.com.  I have a {CYT} MW4M Server up on Game Ranger that I maintain and keep up usually 24/7 unless for maintenance. My Dedicated Server Computer on Game Ranger is an AMD  Quad Core 16GB DDR3 Memory on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard and a Thermaltake 850Watt Power supply, which is on Fiber Optics, 300 MBPS DL and 25 MBPS UP.  :-} have kept up with Modern Technology as much as possible without putting me in the Poor House. lol      My Gaming Computer is equal to or better than my Server.

I am not sure what more you need,  Happy to assist and if not, I understand.  I have plenty to do :-}

oh,  I spend with everything concerning MW4M etc.  approximately 50 Hours a week, Sometime not retiring until after Mid night    EST {I am retired I will be 85 in June 2017} (Florida USA)  I would guess at my experience, hummm maybe an 8.  I like Brawling the best, very poor at Pop Sniping and Long Range.

I am willing to do anything to help keep our MW4M Game alive.

If you need any other Questions answered and have the time to, let me know @ cmeg105@hotmail.com.

Respectfully,
{CYT}™Cmeg

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 07:57:56 PM »
You should know that Classic is not anything to do with MW4 or MW of any kind -- it's a MegaMek (tabletop BT in Java) league.

That said, your offer is appreciated nonetheless. :)

Once the new automation is up, it will be much easier to support leagues for any BT game for which anyone wants a league -- MegaMek, the upcoming Battletech, MWO, MW4 (all varieties), MWLL, MW5 (if it ever gets multiplayer). It will be up to the communities who want such leagues to run them however -- I have no intention of running/administering them myself, apart from getting NBT:MWO going -- I would just be providing the technical hosting for the league automation. For example, I know that Derv is (last I heard) interested in doing a league for Battletech once it's out, I have offers of admin help for the Classic league (assuming Derv doesn't want that too), the MW4 folks have said they would be happy to admin their league, and so on.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:04:31 PM by Xavier »

Offline fdiskMBR

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 12:08:07 PM »
You should know that Classic is not anything to do with MW4 or MW of any kind -- it's a MegaMek (tabletop BT in Java) league.

the MW4 folks have said they would be happy to admin their league, and so on.

Cmeg:
The Bold Underlined is what we're waiting for but there is not a location for posting other than the link I've put in the teams peak channel & where Stormy & Warhammer posted. Others are there also.  Sorry for the inconvenience Xavier  :-\

Offline {CYT}Cmeg

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Clan Coyote
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »
ok Not a problem at all.
If I can help, please let me know.

Good luck to all concerned.

Offline RuFF

• Inner Sphere Faction Representative
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Free Lancer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 01:22:01 AM »
You know I'm down for a classic league. :]

Also there are a lot of other guys interested from what I have seen on stream and from talking with people.  So definitely a lot more than our old classic league.  Also with Mekwars Legends gone it is definitely something people want.