May 22, 2017, 04:13:10 PM

Author Topic: NBT-Classic 5.0 Alpha is ready  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Was playing a Comstar unit. I have played Merc's as well.
Re: NBT-Classic 5.0 Alpha is ready
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »
Let me know when you need players to help test. I would be glad to help get things moving again. ;)

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Unit: NBT
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »
When we get to the point where it is useful, we'll make announcements here and in the MWO forums.

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2017, 12:49:35 AM »
So based on reading the MWO thread I am guessing classic is moving to the back burner?? I have a MWO account but I am not empressed with some of the weapon handling in MWO.

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
The way that the new league automation code is being developed is intended to support any number of simultaneous leagues. For instance, I intend to support MWO, Battletech, MegaMek and even MWLL and MW4 (there are still a few people playing those and the MW4 guys keep asking me to let them do a small league).

Each of these leagues will have their own admin -- I don't intend to admin them all myself -- so once the new automation is running, if someone wants to revive Classic for MegaMek they can, so long as they are willing to do the admin.

Offline fdiskMBR

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »
The way that the new league automation code is being developed is intended to support any number of simultaneous leagues. For instance, I intend to support MWO, Battletech, MegaMek and even MWLL and MW4 (there are still a few people playing those and the MW4 guys keep asking me to let them do a small league).

Each of these leagues will have their own admin -- I don't intend to admin them all myself -- so once the new automation is running, if someone wants to revive Classic for MegaMek they can, so long as they are willing to do the admin.

AWESOME !

Offline Warhammer

• Cadet
    • View Profile
  • Unit: Kell Hounds, Clan Coyote
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2017, 09:44:05 AM »
WOW: This is Warhammer and I have played NBT many years ago (also was a VGL founding member - played at the Las Vegas Site).  I am drooling in anticipation and  would like to volunteer for the front line.  Please feel free to contact me at warhammermech@hotmail.com
I await my orders
sincerely, WarHammer

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »

AWESOME !

I don't mind helping out in the administration part for classic or MW4 if you need admins. Just let me know when you need me to get involved.

Regards,
LockOn

Offline Xavier

• NBT Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2017, 01:30:16 PM »
Derv has first right of refusal on any Classic iterations, so it's his call if he still wants to run a MegaMek league. As for MW4, if that group still has interest I may take you up on the offer. ;)

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2017, 05:15:36 PM »
Derv has first right of refusal on any Classic iterations, so it's his call if he still wants to run a MegaMek league. As for MW4, if that group still has interest I may take you up on the offer. ;)

No worries, I want to be a player equally. I just want to see NBT succeed. Many of us have been waiting for the league to come back to life. ;)

Offline Shadowwolf Jerricho

• NBT League Team
    • View Profile
    • Kell Hounds
  • Unit: Kell Hounds
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 02:38:35 PM »
Whats up Lockon.
Shadowwolf Jerricho
Commanding Officer
Kell Hounds

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 07:36:06 PM »
Whats up Lockon.

Hey man not much! How ya been?

Offline Shadowwolf Jerricho

• NBT League Team
    • View Profile
    • Kell Hounds
  • Unit: Kell Hounds
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »
Not too bad, looking for a mech game that doesn't eat itself with stupid planning and piss poor development.
Shadowwolf Jerricho
Commanding Officer
Kell Hounds

Offline Lockon68

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
I know right! So tired of waiting for the right company to step up to the plate and doing right by the franchise. You see something good and the more you read about it and it's limitations just makes you throw your hands in the air. I would rather go to the platforms we're used to playing on then painfully torture myself with the current crap out there. That's why I have been waiting for NBT to get up and running again.

Offline fdiskMBR

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2017, 08:56:01 AM »

No worries, I want to be a player equally. I just want to see NBT succeed. Many of us have been waiting for the league to come back to life. ;)

Not having a place to discuss automated planetary & battles and seeing the most related information to our interest posted here, I'll try to reiterate some of the things being discussed by the current players & leaders here.

First of all & most importantly, this post IS NOT A POST ABOUT MWO. Although it's assumed that MWO will be a large part of the automation, our interest is mainly focused upon the following MW iterations. (nothing personal, just preference)
NetMech IV
HardCore
MW4 Mercenaries 3.1.0030c

*Triple play single pack.

A little history......
About a year or so ago we spoke with Xavier about the possibility of planetary & battles using the proposed new automation. At that time we “had” 4 or 5 teams of 5 or more players using a non automated simple semi-planetary system that needed to be heavily web moderated. Due to RL issues, this moderation fell to the wayside. (not because we didn't have the players).  This subsequently caused the league to collapse.

Currently......... 
We currently have 5 or 6 of the leaders awaiting the opportunity to re-assemble their teams and get back into the saddle. Many of those are very familiar to others in NBT & the Mechwarrior realm as they have been involved for many, many years.
Read a few of the posts in this thread......you know who we are.
Not wanting to prematurely re-assemble teams without the the ability to provide the action, we've decided to wait yet make our presence known.

Waiting......
We're watching the interest here in the automation, it's use and also the interest in getting involved with the teams. We have threads elsewhere discussing the possibilities & It would seem by the posts here & elsewhere  that players are interested.

More waiting.....
We want to thank those working on the automation and system. We're hoping some of us will live to see the day of it's operation.  No, that's not a joke and directly relates to our age rather than the software work and process to get it operational...... (Chomping at the bit myself)

If you read this, have interest or a desire to get back into sanctioned battles or planetary in the “3” MW formats mentioned above, post a blurb or inkling..... it's just for rough head count for now.

Thanks
Oh, if a moderator would like to move this to a mo appropriate area that would be fine. I would suggest if you do, you move the related posts also.